Cakes I made this year, 2014


Bradley's 2nd Birthday 

Bradley loves animals so I made this fun cake for him. 



Cowgirl Cake

I made one just like this last year for my friend at school. Another friend from school asked me to make one for her daughters cow girl themed birthday party. This was my first paid cake job!  




Baby Shower Cake:

My sister in law asked me to make a cake for her baby shower. She asked for it to be green and pink to match her shower theme. This was also my first time doing fondant over a double layer cake, I was a little nervous but it went really smooth! The 'sweet baby' is a sticker decal for scrap booking that was placed on the cake for her to remove and use later. She loved it!




This cake was made for a friend starting her battle with Cancer. Some women from church were throwing her a 'hat party' the day before she was shaving her head. I was asked if I would make a cake in her favorite colors, blue and yellow with flowers. I also put the words, faith, love, hope, strength... and I cant remember what else that wrapped around to the back.




I was asked to make a cake that would be a silent auction at my kids school fundraiser night. This was my first failed cake! haha! My original intention was to make a lady bug cake but i realized last minute I didnt have anymore red. So I decided to make a turtle! Thought it was a great idea until the turtle was too big for the cake... I just left the funny looking turtle on the side and they were auctioned separately.


Zack's 9th Birthday Cake

This cake is really plain and simple but my son still loved it! He wanted to have a Nerf gun party so I made this cake for him. 





 Haylee's 8th Birthday Cake

The weekend we were going to have Haylee's party I ended up having our daughter Kelsey. So my sweet Haylee had to wait two weeks to have her party. Luckily at two weeks postpartum I was feeling well enough to make the Lego friends cake she asked for. 





My friend asked me to make a butterfly cake for her daughters 1st birthday party. 



Anna Doll Cake

I was asked to make this cake. I was really nervous. Ive never done a doll cake and I was being paid good money to make this for a friends daughter so I didnt want to disappoint. It came out great and the sweet little girl loved it!

(the fondant was still wet from brushing it)

No comments:

Post a Comment